In this workshop we will discover that "It was not just a joke" and also what measures we can adopt when we are victims or witnesses of harassment situations.
What we’ll talk about
Part I - It was just a joke... - Understanding Harassment
- How is the mental health of companies in Portugal?
- Harassment as a problem that impacts on mental health in companies
- What is harassment?
- Types of harassment
- Moral harassment: definition, expressions and the most striking forms
- Sexual harassment: definition, expressions and the most common forms
- Most frequent causes of harassment in the workplace
- Reactions of the victims of harassment
- Consequences of harassment
- Who are the most frequent victims and perpetrators?
- Organizational contexts more prone to the occurrence of harassment
Part II - It was not just a joke ... Now what? - Preventing and Tackling Harassment
- Cultural differences - what is the role of cultural characteristics in different perceptions and interpretations of what harassing behaviours are?
- Warning signs - behaviours to look out for in order to identify possible victims or perpetrators
- How to create a protective organisational culture?
- What can I do if I am being harassed?
- The importance of evidence
- Informal settlement
- Formal complaint - internal rules of conduct, if applicable
- What can I do if I witness harassment or am approached for assistance?