In this workshop, we will address the incredible power of connection with others, the importance of relationships and deconstruct the concept of loneliness and its consequences. “What if I feel alone? What if I see someone I care about withdrawing and isolating themselves? How did/did you get here? And now? What can I do?". These are some answers that you will find in this workshop, expanding our vision on how to prevent and intervene in the barriers of social connection.
What we’ll talk about
- What is the essence of loneliness?
- Is loneliness a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- The importance of social connection and time spent with others
- Attachment theory: why are we "predisposed" to connect with others
- The power of oxytocin
- If the search for another is essential ... Then how does loneliness evolve?
- The solitude alarm system
- Barriers to social connection
- Why is it so difficult to make friends after a certain age?
- Strategies to overcome barriers to social connection
- Isn't it enough to just make new friends?
- Empathic listening
- More presence, less social media