In this workshop, we will explore how anxiety can manifest, what may be contributing to its persistence, and the scientifically-backed treatments that are available. Our goal is to help you make peace with anxiety by learning how to take care of it in a way that won't weigh you down in your daily life.
What we’ll talk about
1. When anxiety is your friend
2. Why anxiety persists - the anxiety rational and the role of avoidance
3. Expressions of Anxiety
- Cognitive (Automatic negative thoughts; cognitive distortions; rumination);
4. Anxiety in all its forms
- When panic attacks occur at work;
- When performance anxiety appears at work;
- When obsessions-compulsions appear at work;
- When generalized anxiety appears at work;
5. What evidence-based treatments are available?
6. Maintenance Factors
- Safety/Avoidance strategies;
- Intolerance to uncertainty;
- Positive beliefs about worry;
- Internal Dialogue;
- Draining lifestyle;
- Unstructured Routine;
7. How can I take care of my anxiety?
- Knowing how to listen and to respect yourself
- Emotional regulations strategies
- The role of self-care
- The role of connection to others